Terms and Conditions
Notice for repairs
- Items brought for repair may be replaced with identical refurbished items.
- Repairing items might cause data loss.
Payments – for any queries please contact us
- Goods will not be handed over until full payment has been made
Insurance and risks regarding goods
- As soon as the goods are delivered to your specified premises, the responsibility of theft, damage and all insurance responsibility will pass over to you.
- We aren't responsible for any malfunction on the system caused by you or any software and therefore if found, you will need to pay as per our normal hourly rates.
- Any issues found during the warranty period, we will be happy to investigate that matter provided you bring the goods to us and we will try our best to provide you with a solution but if found the cause of the issue was exercised by improper handling of the system, we held no responsibilities for it.
Nature of contract
- Date of service provision and delivery dates are estimates only but best efforts will be put to meet any estimated dates.
- It might be required to send an item to a third party for repairs but priority given to diagnosis and repair in site.
- We cannot provide the solution to a problem beyond our scope of service guarantee.
- If we are interrupted while we are completing a service and we are unable to build the solution for the interruption, that would void the warranty on the service on an immediate basis. Also, you won't be getting any refund on the service provided.
- No warranty is provided on the sale of goods manufactured by a third party.
- Standard 1 year warranty on all new computers built and supplied by us.
What customers are expected to do
- Customers are required to pay for any adjustments or replacements.
- The operator under you must be sufficiently trained to be able to use the goods purchased.
- You must perform general maintenance procedures.
- Reports of errors must be provided quickly.
- An adult must be present when an on-site service is being provided.
- You have to take the precaution as instructed.
- You should not attempt to modify any software provided.
- Authorities will not be responsible for any copyright infringement by the user or any third party.
Cancellation of appointments
- In case of being unable to deliver your goods or provide services, your order may be cancelled and a written notice will be sent to you.
- For appointments made within the same day, 100% cancellation fee applies or 100% can be credited for your next booking.
- For appointments made within 24 hours, 50% cancellation fee applies or 100% can be credited for your next booking.
- For appointments made for more than 24 hours, 50% cancellation fee applies if cancelled within 24 hours or 100% can be credited for your next booking, 100% refund applies if cancelled more than 24 hours.
- If we cancel or reschedule an appointment, then we shall notify the client 12 hours earlier at the least and if we fail to do so then a 20% discount will be given to customers.
Notice regarding repairs
If by any means, we have to take the said item for off-site investigation, the client is expected to oblige and give a written consent or email approval in order for us to further find solutions for the client.
For all repair jobs - upfront minimum 50% payments must be made. Failure to do so could delay carrying out the job significantly.
Also if the repair jobs are required some parts replacement, although we will try our best to finish the jobs early sometimes there could be a significant delay subject to parts availability. However, will always keep you posted on how we are placed with this.
Any feedback, suggestions, and complaints are very welcome
Hardware related upgrades are performed offsite on our Lab for Windows PC, Mac, Servers, Phones, Screens and more. In this case, we will organise a time with you for pickup (Sydney Metro Areas Only) and then once the job is done, we will organise a time with you to return(Sydney Metro Areas Only).
When we do the hardware refresh or replacement that could affect the data, we would generally fully backup the system before performing any actions to ensure no data is being lost. Our data retention policy is 7 days from the date we delivered the service. Please note, we do keep info for a while just in case if anything is being found missing within the stipulated time frame but we do not keep the information any further than the stipulated time and destroy all information immediately after that through our data wiping system.
There might be an additional cost which is discussed with the customer prior before performing the job.
To build a personal relationship with our clients and be on praiseworthy terms, our geeks sometimes call the client from their personal number, during this exchange, if any highly unlikely event such as arguments or dispute occur, and the client is not satisfied with a particular geek, then we should be informed so that we can assess the situation and take a proper course of action in response.
Note: There must be the understanding between the client and the Technician, and any derogatory words should not be used by both parties under any circumstances, if the client is unhappy with the Technician that is in service, we will look into assigning a new Technician to the client.
- All customers are required to have a booking proof in the form of the booking number sent to them via the confirmation email sent by Geeks Sydney. Failure to do so shall turn the booking to be invalid and thus nullify our services and grants to the customers.
- Surcharge applies based on the distance.
- GST applies on all our services.
- Excludes all components & parts (if used).
- Excludes any transportation cost (if used).
- Fees include the call-out plus the first hour of service and are non-refundable after the tech made the visit.
- Surcharge applies based on the distance.
- Same day booking will be attracting an additional 20%.
- 10% discount applies only when you have free/unpaid parking at your address.
- Bookings made within the 24 hour time frame, will attract a 50% cancellation fee when cancelled.
- Promotional discount codes can only be used for online bookings and valid once per customer and can only be applied to initial booking fee only.
Appointments made over the phone & online
By making appointments over the phone or through our online booking system, customer agree to the terms and conditions below:
1: All calls made are recorded for training and quality purposes. Should you not want to be recorded, kindly inform our agents at the beginning of the call.
2: Our agents in the call centre are only trained to make new appointments and not to give advice on technical issues. Any enquiries regarding technical advice should be addressed to ********.sydney or alternatively, customers can leave a message with the call centre agents and our customer team members will be in touch.
3: Initial booking fee that includes one hour of service and call-out fee are strictly non-refundable when the visit has been made by the technician.
4: Some issues may require additional time/solution onsite or offsite, that can only be advised once the technician has inspected the issues onsite. For such cases, customers will be briefed on the additional cost related to it and it is up to the customers to decide on whether to proceed or not.
5: Most hardware related jobs are done offsite to ensure the safety of our technician and your devices. Our offsite lab are equipped with proper equipment for repair, replacement and testing.
6: Rescheduling of an appointment in less than 2 hours of the initial appointment time will incur a 10% penalty fee and payable at the time or rescheduling or onsite.
7: Data recovery jobs could be tricky and we may have to perform the task offsite in our Lab. We will discuss all the options with you before going ahead and then go from there but generally, the cost could go up to $825 (incl GST) if data is successfully recovered, however, if it is unsuccessful, $495 (incl GST) service fee applies. This is to cover the partial cost in attempting to recover the data.
Coupons & Vouchers:
$150 COUPON Terms
- Must be used before its validity date, 15th of December 2019.
- Only valid when your invoice total has a minimum of $600.
Importance of Invoices:
All customers are expected to hold on to their invoices given by Geeks Sydney to keep an account of the services provided by us. It is also required for the customer to produce the valid invoice in case of a need of warranty or any other follow up services by Geeks Sydney. Failure to do so will nullify any warranty or grant promised by Geeks Sydney to the customers.
All payments must be paid on the Geeks Platform and must NOT be given personally to any of Geeks Sydney’s employees or contractors. In any such event, Geeks Sydney will be considered “unpaid” for their services and will not be responsible if the customer has to pay the due amount once more.
For further information regarding payments- Contact us.
Note: All dealings must be done with Geeks Sydney in the Geeks Sydney system itself and must not be associated with any third parties or employees of Geeks Sydney in order to avoid any inconvenience to the customers in the near future.
1: New hardware/products which will be purchased from us will come with product/hardware warranty from the date of the order has been placed and the duration of the warranty will state on the invoice but if not it will be treated as a product/hardware without any warranty.
2: After the initiation of any new projects for the clients, an evaluation shall take place to estimate the procedure in steps and their total fixed cost. Upon confirmation, 50% of the total project cost must be paid upfront as an advanced, the remaining 50% to be paid after the completion of the project.
3: If any problem arises after the delivery of any projects, we shall assess it immediately if it comes under the scope provided to the customer, in any such event, we shall address the issue within 2 to 3 days. But if the concerns do not meet the scope and fall under your responsibilities, then the client will be charged our normal hourly rates.
4. In case you fail to obtain any of your ordered goods from us (due to incomplete payment or any other reason) within the allocated time of a maximum of 30 days, we will either try to recover our cost of services by selling the said equipment or recycle it given that it’s not sellable.
Note: We are not responsible due to any actions that were forced to be taken after the 30 days time.
Read carefully prior to making any bookings as there are problems cannot be resolved remotely and for that, you must book a home or a business specialist.
All remote bookings are on half hourly basis which means you actually pay for a half hour and not for an hour although your invoice might say 1(one) hr/qty.
During remote services deduction, if the identified problems are found to be in need of physical presence and you would like to proceed with our suggested repairs, we shall appoint you with a home or business specialist and compensate half hour charge from your remote booking, so that you do not need to pay excess than required.
Please ensure full cooperation with our remote specialist, any misconduct or derogatory behavior will be considered as rejecting the service and forfeiting the payment.
- Goods rented from us should be returned as it was handed to you
- Any software or hardware malfunction would be assessed at the time of the return of our Goods and if found, we will be charging you at our hourly rates on the hours required to fix the issues.
- Hardware replacement will be an additional cost and it depends on the part that needs to be replaced at market rates.
- In the event, goods are being fully damaged and are not in a position to be repaired, we will seek the full market value of the exact goods.
All Terms and Conditions are subjected to change as per the law states or as Geeks Sydney deem necessary.